Friday, February 7, 2020

Doing Drugs With The Letter Of The Law


In the D.A.R.E. carnival ride s.u.v....

Dazed and confused, with 
the will to be
happy,
or a reason to be
sad.

I look upon my peers,
at recess
and in the classroom,
where I find
something
to do.

The officer is my buddy.
The officer cares.
The officer knows a lot about baseball!


Passing out bubble gum and baseball cards
helping the children in need.

There is a treat coming to your school:

Story time statistics of the (dead) letter of the law.

Uninspiring the children to a life of drug abuse.

Since they know not the (living) spirit of the law.

Drugged for childhood, 
the self-abandoned -- 
immature in their nihilist chemistry.

Home
and in my room,
where 
I find
something 
to do.

In the D.A.R.E. carnival ride s.u.v.,
passing out bubble gum and
baseball cards; helping the children in need.

© S. Wesley Mcgranor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home